Trustee Minutes for January, 2021
Board Meeting Minutes
Mt. Grant General Hospital
Thursday, January 28th, 2021
Present: Jona Roberts, Business Office Manager; Sandrae Lehman, CFO; Hugh Qualls, Administrator; Hunter Bolanos, HR Assistant; Tamiya Ferguson, Acute DON; Noretta Chan, Risk Manager QA/UR; Nancy Rutherford, Co-Chairperson; Karen Womack, Member; Dr. Dofeliz, Chief of Staff; Richard Schumann, Chairperson
Absent: Paula Reed, member; Michelle Dow, Clerk
—Call to Order
The meeting of the Mt. Grant General Hospital Board of Trustees was called to order at 11:32a.m. by Chairperson Richard Schumann.
—General Public Comments
—Approval of minutes
The minutes from the Thursday, December 10th, 2020, meetings were approved with a correction of date and spelling error, a motion by Nancy Rutherford seconded by Karen Womack. Motion carries.
—Review of final Audited Financial Statements for Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2020 – Sandrae Lehman, CFO
Copy of the final Audited Financial Statements is attached to original minutes. A motion was made by Nancy Rutherford and seconded by Karen Womack to approve the Audited Financial Statements for Fiscal Year ending June 30th, 2020. Motion Carries.
—Financial Report – Sandrae Lehman
Copy of the Financial Report is attached to original minutes. Sandrae Lehman summarized the financials for December 2020. Deferred (pension) inflows and outflows are now added to the balance sheet for better comparison. In deferred revenue ($266K) was noted for lost revenue relief funds and operating funds under budget month-to-date and year-to-date.
A motion was made by Nancy Rutherford and seconded by Karen Womack to approve the December 2020 Financial Report. Motion carries.
- Trustee of the Month – Nancy Rutherford
- No report
- Emergency Department – Tamiya Ferguson
- Emergency Department report was reviewed by Tamiya Ferguson. (Copy attached to original minutes.) Drop in patients for December with a normal medical/ emergent ratio. Transfers were down & admissions were up. Triage to the clinic was stopped due to the COVID-19 cases in the county.
- Pharmacy –Tamiya Ferguson
- Tamiya explained the pharmacy report. (Copy attached to original minutes.) No changes or concerns.
- Patient Safety — Tamiya Ferguson
- Patient safety report (copy attached to original minutes) was reviewed by Tamiya Ferguson. No deaths, reportable infections, medication errors, or sentinel events. Screening for entry continues and face shields in the facility worn by workers continues. Vaccine information was given.
- Quality Improvement – Noretta Chan
- Reporting for October, November, and December 2020 reviewed by Noretta Chan. (Copy attached to original minutes.)
- Administrator — Hugh Qualls
- Copy attached to original minutes.
- COVID-19 vaccination report
- Weekly Staff Testing
- Rural Physicians Group: February 16 start date
- ER & hospital duties
- Supervising MD
- Clinic Reorganization
- New Business office progress
- Staffing: CNAs
- County Breathalyzer Assistance
- Secretary of State filing reminder
- Next few months?
—Review, discussion and appropriate action on recommendation from the Medical Staff to grant privileges to John Erogul, MD, reappointment MD Consulting Radiology; Earl Landrito, MD, reappointment Consulting Radiology
A motion to approve privileges for roster was made by Nancy Rutherford and seconded by Karen Womack. Motion carries.
—Review, discussion and appropriate action on proxy privileging for Intermountain Healthcare Telemedicine Roster for Physicians.
Motion to approve proxy privileges for Intermountain roster was made by Nancy Rutherford and seconded by Karen Womack. Motion carries.
—Trusty of the month/Future Agenda Items
—General Public Comments
Meeting was adjourned at 12:48pm with a motion by Nancy Rutherford and seconded by Karen Womack. Motion carries.