Mt. Grant General Hospital is accepting applications for the position of Radiology Technologist. Under the direction and supervision of radiology manager, the technologist is responsible for performing X-ray and CT examinations as ordered by medical staff. Perform related duties as assigned.
- Computer proficiency AND
- Per NRS 449 and NRS 200.5091, successful applicant(s) must pass required state and federal background checks.
Must hold current registry with the American Registry of Radiological Technologists AND
Current CPR card AND
A minimum 2 years in CT or ability and ambition to train
Under the direction of the Radiology Manager, Technologists must:
Takes radiology procedure call after regular working hours and weekends on a rotation basis
1. Complies with established policies and procedures of the hospital and the department and with established communications code. Maintains strict compliance with radiation safety regulations.
2. Cooperates with department staff to achieve goals, and maintain good employee relations, interdepartmental and public relations.
3. Attends meetings as required such as inservice meetings, staff meetings, and committee meetings and will be held responsible for information and problems discussed and agreed on at said meetings.
4. Keeps up-to-date in field of CT Technology through current literature, attendance at seminars and workshops, etc.
5. Performs routine and moderately complex diagnostic radiological exams and procedures performed and listed in the policy and procedure manual.
6. Determines the technical factors, setting the controls and operating radiographic equipment in order that the position of the body specified received the correct exposure.
7. Covers secretary’s desk during breaks.
8. Schedules inpatients and outpatients for CT exams, reviewing physician orders, obtains patient history.
9. Transports patient to and from department as required.
10. Greets patient and explains procedure, allays fears and anxieties.
Applications can be picked up and returned to the MGGH Business Office Annex on 1st and C St in Hawthorne or mail to: Mt. Grant General Hospital, ATTN: Hunter Bolanos, P.O. Box 1510, Hawthorne, NV 89415. Applications can also be faxed or emailed to email@example.com Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSTED 12/08/2021 HAB