Nurse Apprenticeship Program
Mt. Grant General Hospital
200 S. A St.
PO Box 1510
Hawthorne, NV 89415
Hunter Bolanos, Human Resources
The NAP has to have 6 months enrollment in a current LPN or RN program.
The NAP must have good GPA and have the ability for their school to participate in the NV NAP program
The position pays $25.00 Hour
Mileage reimbursed if traveling more than 50 miles to Hawthorne and reimbursement for lodging if lodging is not provided by MGGH.
The Apprentice Nurse works under the supervision of the RN providing patient care using the skills check list authorized by the Nevada State Board of Nursing and approved by the student’s nursing program as skills the student is competent to perform. The Apprentice Nurse program offers students the opportunity to practice their clinical skills and to acclimate to the role of the licensed nurse. The Apprentice nurse is subject to the provisions of the Nurse Practice act and Nevada Law.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The duties listed below are examples of work typically performed by an employee in this position. An employee may not be assigned all duties listed and may be assigned duties which are not listed below.
- Provides personal care needs to patients
- Documents patient information in the medical record
- Performs patient care functions
- Assists with admission and discharge procedures
- Administers oral, IM, SQ, otic, ophthalmic, nasal and tube medications
- Collect specimens
- Performs other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
Knowledge and Ability:
The following list of Knowledge and Abilities is the general nature and skills required for performing the job duties and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
- and skills necessary to provide care/service appropriate to the age of the patients serviced on the assigned floor;
- universal precautions and infection control techniques and procedures;
- medical terminology sufficient to understand a doctor’s orders;
- the documentation process;
- the operation and use of medical equipment in the practice setting;
- nutrition and personal hygiene as applied to patient care;
- human growth and development; and
- routine laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures.
- to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/service appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit/department;
- demonstrate verbal and non-verbal community skills that are conducive to insuring patient and customer satisfaction;
- organize workflow, respond to emergencies, set a professional example and note detail;
- interview patients to elicit a health history, symptoms and/or complaints;
- prepare and maintain medical records, charts and reports;
- follow detailed oral and written instructions;
- provide health education to individuals and families;
- establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with supervisors, staff, patients and families; and respond to and resolve patient care issues.
- comply with hospital and safety policies and procedures;
- comply with Resident Bill of Rights and Employee responsibilities;
- work overtime, adjust to changes in days off and shifts on occasion if necessary;
- be flexible and able to work in an environment that has frequent and multiple interruptions, which is stressful at times;
- provide genuine caring for and interest in people.
Experience and Training:
Currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program and has completed at least the first semester of the nursing program.
Current CPR Certification
Nurse Apprentice must provide most current competency check-off list from their school to their supervising supervisor and maintain current competencies.
Submit applications to MGGH at 200 S. A St. bldg 8, Hawthorne, NV 89415. Applications can be mailed to MGGH PO Box 1510, Hawthorne, NV 89415 ATTN: Hunter Bolanos. Faxed to 7759452359, or emailed to email@example.com. MGGH is an EEO/ADA Employer.
Posted 08/15/2022 HAB