The following information is a summary of the full-time employee benefits. In the event of any difference between the terms of this summary document and the plan or governance documents, the terms of the plan or governance documents will prevail.
Mt. Grant General Hospital Benefits Package includes the following:
- Group Health Insurance including vision, dental and prescription
- Dependent Health Insurance Subsidy
- HRA Medical Reimbursement Plan (with qualifying health plan)
- HSA (Health Savings Account) (with qualifying health plan)
- GAP Insurance (with qualifying health plan)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Paid leave–annual, sick and holidays
- Public Employees Retirement System
- Section 125 “Cafeteria Plan”
- TSA plans (403B)
- Deferred Compensation (457b)
- Supplemental insurance (cancer, accident, life) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance
- And More!
GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN
Coverage begins the first day of full-time employment. Enrollment must take place within one month of start date. The premium for employee coverage is paid 100% by the employer. The premium for dependent coverage is paid 25% by the employer and 75% by the employee. Please note that payroll deduction for dependent premiums will begin one month prior to insurance effective date. The group health insurance plan covers medical, prescription, dental and vision care. Premiums for dependent coverage will be paid through payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis under IRS Section 125.
The health insurance plan provided to Mt. Grant General Hospital Employees is provided by Anthem Health Plan with a dual option. Employees can choose from the HRA 46 Plan with a $3,000 deductible and $2,000 co-insurance with a HRA benefit (see HRA below) or HSA 23 Plan with a $3,000 deductible and $2,000 co-insurance with a HSA benefit (see HSA below).
BENEFIT FOR EMPLOYEES WITH THE ANTHEM LUMENOS HRA PLAN
- $1,000 HRA available
for employee only, $2,000 HRA available for employee and dependents
- Any amount not used “rolls” over to the next plan year
- There is NO LIMIT to rollover
- Claims are automatically processed and applied to medical and prescription claims (employees do not have to submit EOBs)
- Employee can earn additional funds by participating in the health incentive program
- Employee must be enrolled in the Lumenos HRA Plan
Please note: The HRA is prorated based on when the employee enrolls in the plan and number of months remaining in the calendar year.
- NexStep provides
additional “GAP” coverage for employees with the Lumenos HRA Plan
- Mt. Grant General Hospital pays premium for employee only coverage (employee may elect to cover dependents through payroll deduction)
- $1,000 Hospital Confinement Benefit
- $500 Outpatient Benefit
BENEFIT FOR EMPLOYEES WITH THE ANTHEM LUMENOS HSA PLAN
- Optum Health
- HSA paid at $76.95 bi-weekly up to $2,000 by Mt. Grant General Hospital
- Employee recommended contribution $38.48 bi-weekly ($1,000 total) for employee only (higher contributions may be necessary when enrolled less than 26 weeks)
- Employee recommended contribution of $153.85 bi-weekly ($4,000 total) for employee & dependents (higher contributions may be necessary when enrolled less than 26 weeks)
- Contributions are tax-deferred
- Can be used for any qualifying medical expense
- Employee uses a Optum debit card to pay for services (note: There must be an adequate available balance)
- Employees can request a reimbursement for services from Optum (note: There must be an adequate available balance)
- Employee must be enrolled in the Lumenos HSA Plan
- Employees with a second insurance are not eligible to participate per IRS regulations
- The Health Savings Account is portable.
DENTAL/VISION COVERAGE FOR DEPENDENTS ONLY
Employees may elect dental and vision coverage for dependents without medical coverage.
GROUP LIFE/ACCIDENT DEATH AND DISMEMBERMENT
Also paid at 100% for MGGH employees is a separate Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance policy which has a benefit of $60,000, with up to an additional $60,000 for accidental death and dismemberment insurance. This policy is portable and convertible.
Employees at Mt. Grant General Hospital accrue annual and sick leave at the rate of 4.62 hours per pay period, based on 80 hours worked. This equates to three (3) weeks per year of annual and three (3) weeks per year of sick leave. Employees are eligible to request leave upon completion of six (6) months of employment. After 720 hours of sick leave is accrued, it is paid back to the employee at 1/2 rate up to forty (40) hours as a bonus. This occurs after approximately 7 years of employment if sick leave is not overused.
Additional leave may be taken for Bereavement Leave, Family Medical Leave, Educational Leave, Military Leave, Jury Duty and Witness Duty. Some types of leave may be deducted from the employee’s sick or annual leave.
The Hospital observes 11 paid holidays per year.
PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM
Mt. Grant General Hospital is a member of the Public Employees Retirement System. The retirement is paid at 100% by the Hospital. The contribution to PERS is 28.00% of employee earnings (effective 07/01/2015). After five (5) years of service, the employee is vested. If the employee works for a non-PERS Employer making $10.00 per hour and worked 80 hours in a pay period, a deduction for Social Security for 4.2% of the earnings would be taken which would equal $33.60. Full-time employees enrolled in PERS do not have a deduction for Social Security and the Hospital makes a deposit into their PERS retirement account for 28% of earnings, which in the above scenario would amount to $224.00. The PERS website can be accessed at www.nvpers.org to view personal account information and benefit estimates. PERS also carries a beneficiary benefit. (Please see the PERS Regular Member brochure.)
SECTION 125 “CAFETERIA PLAN”
Mt. Grant General Hospital offers a Section 125 “Cafeteria Plan” to eligible employees. This plan allows an employee to have qualifying insurance deductions deducted and income tax calculated based on the salary after the qualifying insurance deduction. This is a considerable savings to the employee.
TSA (Tax Sheltered Annuity) 403b PLANS
Employees are eligible to contribute to a TSA Plan through payroll deduction. The Tax Sheltered Annuity 403b Plans allow the employee to set aside tax deferred dollars for retirement.
DEFERRED COMPENSATION PROGRAM 457b PLAN
Employees are eligible to contribute to a deferred compensation program through payroll deduction. Contributions are made on a pre-tax basis and can be as little as $12.50 per paycheck.
SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE PLANS
AFLAC — Employees are invited to participate in AFLAC at open enrollment which takes place in December. AFLAC provides various supplemental insurances such as accident, cancer, short-term disability, long-term care, and supplemental term life insurance—some of which the premiums qualify under Section 125. All premiums are paid through payroll deduction.
SUPPLEMENTAL LIFE — Employees may choose to purchase supplemental and permanent life insurance for the employee, spouse or children from several different plans and options. Premiums will be paid through payroll deduction.
LEGALSHIELD – LegalShield is a benefit offered to all employees of Mt. Grant General Hospital. This benefit offers many services, at no additional cost, such as consultation with an attorney for information or help on any legal subject, including pre-existing situations. Identity Theft Shield is also available as well as family plans, including minors.
NEVADA PUBLIC EMPLOYEES VOLUNTARY LIFE INSURANCE
Employees may apply at anytime throughout the year for up to $500K and if employee is enrolled, the spouse may apply for up to $250K, dependent children may enroll for up to $20K in coverage.
If enrolled in the Life Plan, employees and families may also enroll for Accidental Death & Dismemberment (24/7 on or off the job). An employee can add up to $500K of AD&D—“guaranteed issue”! Informational packets available in HR or go to www.wisnv.com for further details.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The Employee Assistance Program (administered by Resources for Living) offers free confidential counseling and referral services through telephone or internet access for employees and their household members.
Employees can apply to take job-related classes or classes that contribute towards a related degree. Contact Human Resources for more information.
STATE INCOME TAX
No state income tax in Nevada.
All new employees pay 1.45% Medicare tax which is matched 100% by the Hospital.
WORKMAN’S COMPENSATION (PACT)
Workman’s Compensation covers employees in the event of work-related injuries. It is important to know the procedures to follow to make sure claims are processed appropriately.
For questions or more information please contact Human Resources