Mt. Grant General Hospital
200 South A Street, P.O. Box 1510, Hawthorne, NV 89415
Contact: Hunter Bolanos, Human Resources
Medical Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist
The Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist serves as liaison between the laboratory and its customers in response to inquiries and problems. Researches, troubleshoots and resolves customer problems. Performs phlebotomy from all types of patients. Reports to the Laboratory Manager.
Minimum qualifications are any combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required knowledge and ability such as:
- Education: Normally high school diploma or equivalent AND
- Experience: 1 – 3 years of applicable phlebotomy experience AND
- Training/Certification/Licensure: Nevada Laboratory Assistant License AND
- Continuing education as required by the Nevada Laboratory Assistant License AND/OR
- Willing to acquire this licensing within the first 6 months of employment
- Computer proficiency AND
- Per NRS 449 and NRS 200.5091, successful applicant(s) must pass required state and federal background checks.
Deadline for applying: Position is open until filled.
Applications and job descriptions may be downloaded from our website at www.mgghnv.org or be picked up and returned to the main Switchboard or mail to: Mt. Grant General Hospital, ATTN: Hunter Bolanos, P.O. Box 1510, Hawthorne, NV 89415. Applications can be faxed to 775-945-0725. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted 06/09/2020 HAB
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The duties listed below are examples of work typically performed by an employee in this position. An employee may not be assigned all duties listed and may be assigned duties which are not listed below. Marginal duties (shown in italics) are those which are least likely to be essential functions of this position.
- Perform phlebotomy both by venipuncture and capillary puncture.
- Perform specimen processing accurately and timely and being able to set priorities.
- Pay attention to the telephone system by attending to them timely.
- Complete work assigned and endorses pending during breaktime or end of work period.
- Maintain standards in ER and other Nursing units in blood collection ,specimen processing and calling and/or faxing results
- Respond to changes in work as necessary, continually uses time to departmental advantage.
- Prepare hard copy reports including distribution to ordering locations.
- Process specimens for send-out.
- Perform urine drug collection according to established laboratory policies.
- Summarize laboratory charges on a timely basis for the business office.
- Review accuracy of laboratory tests orders.
- File laboratory reports in a timely manner
- Reports all incidents (i.e. mislabeling, improper specimen type, etc) according to the lab policy.
- Able to meet/perform Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomy Competency checklist.
- Other related duties as assigned.